THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rationalists Vs. Puritans

6. Briefly (one good paragraph) describe the differences between the Puritans and the Rationalists. Please be careful not to repeat the same words you have read in this entry. Where in today's society do you see some of the ideas you have read about here represented?

The Rationalists are (to me) the first scientists. They studied the world around them trying to unlock the code of life. "How did this great earth come to be?" That question seemed to fund their inquisitive acts. Bill Franklin took his kite and began the search for what lightning was. I believe that this period of Rationalism is highly important to what we know as science today. What if we the human race had stuck to fearing god all of the time? I highly doubt that I would be typing on this electronic machine. I for one, am glad that at one point in time people actually started thinking "rationally."

0 comments: