THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Transcendentalists Vs. Dark Romantics

Which side of the divide do you fall? Are you closer to being a Transcendentalist or a Dark Romantic? Explain your answer with a short paragraph.

Even though I do not agree with original sin, I would consider myself to be more of a dark romantic. What is considered "evil" is embedded into all humans. It is called the will to survive. This is how our meek species has survived so long. If I was stranded on an island with no food; I would eat you. Whether I would kill you to eat you is a matter of circumstance. So if we are ever stranded together, do not get on my nerves.

Yet people do many "evil" things that is not dependent on their survival. Either way, I do see the "evil" in people, no one is truly good. Why did the priest touch the little boy? Because the priest felt that it was right. This does not mean that I feel that this is okay, that is just how the priest felt.

0 comments: